DAY HABILITATION PROGRAM
Adult Services operates three day programs in the Rochester/Dover areas.
We offer a range of services to meet the needs of all of our consumers.
Our day programs use the principals of Gentle Teaching to create an environment in which optimal participation is achieved through a proper level of support and focus on each client’s individual needs and learning style.
Some of the services offered include:
- Vocational assistance through Advanced Employment Services
- Job coaching
- Occupational and Physical Therapy consultation
- Enrichment opportunities through the arts (dance, acting, painting, etc.)
- Recreational opportunities (including several Special Olympics teams)
- Support with daily living activities
Day and Vocational Services provide opportunities for individuals to engage in part or full time work, as well as meaningful community participation. These programs operate from our Community Offices in Dover, and Rochester.
Some individuals receive supports from vendor agencies located in the region. Each individual’s needs and desires are a very important consideration in the design of his or her day program.
All Day Programs have nursing supports available from a team of agency nurses who attend to acute situations and assist in program design and training of all staff.